Friday, September 27, 2013

Центральный парк культуры и отдыха имени Горького



What can I say except that work has been running me ragged. Kindergarteners who won’t be quiet, teens who try to put dirty words in their homework. Yawn. I’ve survived the first month, and things are definitely getting a whole lot easier. My other job (I recap television shows for a blog) has started up with the new TV season, and honestly? It’s a great stress-buster. Hooray for pop culture, you have saved me again.




Moscow is starting to chill off for serious. I almost broke out the gloves today, but I’m still hoping not to give in until after my birthday. See, once the gloves go on, you’re officially in for the long haul, so you must put it off as long as possible. Can’t wait for snow. Which I assume I will promptly get sick of.




I made a promise to myself when I got here not to waste my days off. Sure, there’s cleaning and errands to be done and some days you just kind of have to sit around and watch TV the whole time, but as an introvert by nature, I know I have to make myself get out and do things. So I’ve made a list. Today’s destination – Gorky Park. 

What can I say? It's a little slice of peace in the middle of one of the busiest cities on earth. For decades Russians have come here to relax. On a sunny Friday afternoon, it was very empty but everyone there was enjoying themselves. 


I love autumn when the sun is out and people still feel they can have fun. Rollerblading seems to be a big thing here. I just sat around with my coffee and took pictures. 

I'm glad I went. 







No comments:

Post a Comment